Scientific Advisory Council member Dr. George P. Patrinos attended the Human Variome Project Beijing Summit to provide the experience from the development of the HVP Hellenic Node and the Hellenic National Genetic database, using the ETHNOS software that has been developed by the Golden Helix Institute of Biomedical Research. In the same meeting, several partners expressed their interest to employ the same software to develop their own National Genetic databases.
December 15th, 2011
December 3rd, 2011
The 5th Golden Helix Pharmacogenomics Day was successfully held in Msida, Malta. The meeting was attended by over 150 bioscientists and healthcare professionals. The European Commissioner for Health and Consumer policy Dr. John Dalli has delivered the opening address of this meeting. Please click here to download the opening address of the Commissioner.
November 6th, 2011
The Golden Helix Institute of Biomedical Research and the GEITONAS School have successfully organized the conference entitled "Genetics and Society", November 4-6, 2011 at the auditorium of the Evgenides Foundation in Athens, Greece. The meeting was attended by over 300 registered participants and was under the support of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Foreign speakers included Professors Diane Paul (Cambridge, MA, USA), Raphael Falk (Jerusalem, Israel), Stylianos Antonarakis (Geneva, Switzerland), Thomas Reydon (Hannover, Germany) and others.
October 15th, 2011
The registration page of the 2012 Golden Helix Symposium has opened. Early bird registration and abstract submission deadline is February 29th, 2012.
June 10th, 2011
The Golden Helix Institute of Biomedical Research proudly announces the organization of the 4th Pharmacogenomics Day in Cagliari Italy, October 7th, 2011.
October 7th, 2011
The 4th Pharmacogenomics Day was held in Cagliari Italy and attended by over 200 participants from all over Italy. The meeting was under the auspices of the European Society of Pharmacogenomics and Theranostics.
October 10th, 2011
The Golden Helix Institute of Biomedical Research proudly announces the organization of the 5th Pharmacogenomics Day in Malta, December 3rd, 2011.
- May 25th, 2011: Poland has agreed to join the Pharmacogenomics for Every Nation Initiative.
- April 15th, 2011: The Scientific Board of the Golden Helix Institute of Biomedical Research has decided that the 2012 Golden Helix Symposium will be held in Turin, Italy, 18-21 April 2012. More information will soon be available from the Golden Helix Symposia website.
- April 8th, 2011: The 3rd Golden Helix Pharmacogenomics Day was held in Alexandroupolis, Greece, attended by over 250 participants. This event took place in conjunction to the inaugural board meeting of the European Society of Pharmacogenomics and Theranostics (www.esptnet.org).
- March 8th, 2011: Malta and Serbia were the first countries in Europe to enter the PGENI countries handled by the Golden Helix Institute of Biomedical Research as the European Regional Center for the Pharmacogenomics for Every Nation Initiative.
- February 10th, 2011: The University of North Carolina officially announced the partnership with the Golden Helix Institute of Biomedical Research as the European Regional Center for the Pharmacogenomics for Every Nation Initiative.